These sweet fritters are delicious apple rings in a light crispy batter, spiced in cinnamon sugar and served warm with a drizzle of syrup or ice cream.
Delicious apple rings in a light crispy batter, spiced in cinnamon sugar and served warm with a drizzle of syrup or ice cream.
- 130 g Pancake Mix
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 130 g Milk
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 130 g Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 100 g Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Peel and remove the core from the apple, then dice into small cubes.
- To create the batter, in a bowl whisk together the pancake mix, milk and vanilla extract, until it has a yogurt like consistency.
- Add the diced apple to the batter and mix together, followed by the ground cinnamon.
- On your stove, heat up a saucepan 1/2 filled with vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is hot enough (you can test with a small amount of the batter), use an ice cream scoop to place your fritter batter into the oil.
- Whilst the batter is frying, turn each fritter multiple times as they will brown quickly.
- When the fritters are deep golden-brown, remove them from the oil and place on a cooling rack with paper towl underneath to cool/drain.
- Once partially cooled, dip each fritter in the glaze, followed by the cinnamon sugar (see recipe below for both). Then place back on the cooling rack, to fully cool and serve.
- In a bowl whisk the milk into the icing sugar until it is thick, but runny. Then, Stir in the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- In a another bowl, combine together the ground cinnamon and granulated sugar.