Everyone loves to have garlic bread with their pizza, or something to dip in their tomato soup. This alternative is quick and easy to make, using ready made sourdough.
Easy Cheesy Dippers
A gooey cheesy alternative to garlic bread.
- 400 g Ready-made Pizza Dough (sourdough)
- 2 tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 50 g Butter (softened)
- 100 g Grated Mozzerella Cheese
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Flour (to dust work surface)
- Preheat oven 200°C.
- In a bowl mix together the butter, garlic and mixed herbs, to create ourgarlic butter.
- Make sure the pizza dough is at room temperature.
- Flour your suface and roll out the the dough into a circle (thickness shouldbe approx 5 mm).
- Spread 2-3 tbsp of the garlic butter on the dough evenly, keeping awayfrom the sides so that it becomes easy to seal.
- Cover half of the dough with the grated mozzarella and sprinkle thecayenne pepper over the top.
- Fold the dough in half, covering the cheese. Go around the edge pressingdown, to make sure it is sealed (you don’t want the cheese to ooze out andmake your oven mess).
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and place you dough on it.
- Brush the rest of the garlic butter over the top of the dough.
- Using a knife score marks for the breadsticks (do not cut fully, the markswill help channel stream as well as make it easy to cut out the sticks later)
- Bake in the oven for 15-20mins, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before cutting (I usea pizza cutter for this)
Tip: Try serving with a sour cream or sweet chilli dip.