Indulge in your greatest sweet obsessions with my ultimate brownie recipe.
Ultimate Chocolate Brownies
You only need ONE bowl to make these fudgy, chewy, gooey, chocolatey brownies with shiny crackly tops. This easy homemade brownie recipe will be your new GO TO!
- 150 g self raising flour
- 230 g butter (melted and cooled)
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 175 g dark brown sugar
- 125 g dark cocoa powder
- 220 g chocolate (chopped)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Spray a 9” by 13” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then line with parchment paper with an overhang on the sides and spray again. This will make it easy to lift the brownies out of the pan after baking. Set the pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
- Sift in flour and cocoa. Add the salt and espresso powder, and stir until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Fold in 175g of the chopped chocolate. Spread evenly into prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining 45g of chopped chocolate on top of the brownies.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes on the middle rack in the oven until the brownies are just set to touch. Don’t over bake the brownies. They will set up as they cool. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days.
Tip: You could always try adding Glace Cherries, Walnuts or Chopped White Chocolate, to take these brownies to another level !