These have always been a favourite pastry of mine, whenever I’m at a coffee shop I will have a cinnamon bun with my coffee.
Easy Cinnamon Buns
An easy, no-fail recipe for fluffy cinnamon rolls, topped with a cream cheese icing!
- 235 ml warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 75 g unsalted butter melted
- 475 g bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 2½ tsp dried yeast
- 225 g brown sugar
- 2½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 75 g butter softened
- 85 g cream cheese softened
- 55 g butter softened
- 190 g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- Place warm milk into large bowl and whisk in sugar until dissolved. Sprinkle yeast over warm milk and let dissolve and prove for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in eggs, butter and salt. Gradually begin adding bread flour. When dough forms, turn out onto work surface and knead gently to make soft dough.
- Once kneaded put the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp tea towel, place in a warm dry area and leave to rest for 10mins.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 16×21 inch rectangle.
- Spread the filling across the top of the rolled out dough.
- Roll up dough swiss-roll style and cut into 12 rolls (the easiest way to do this is to cut the roll in half, then cut those rolls in half, then cut the remaining rolls in three).
- Place rolls in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Cover again and let rise until nearly doubled (about 30minutes)
- Meanwhile, Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bake in bottom third of oven for 20-25minutes.
- Check after 15mins to see if they are browning too much. If so, lay a sheet of foil over the top for the rest of the baking time.
- Once they have completed baking let them cool for 5minutes.
- Mix together all the frosting ingredients.
- Once the buns have cooled slightly, spread with the cream cheese frosting over the top using spoon.
- Leave to completely cool.
You can double the Frosting mix if required.