A recipe for bread, but this is with a twist… it’s made in a pan, not the oven! Plus, it’s quick (as breads go) and easy to make. What more is there to say?
Fluffy Pan Bread
A recipe for bread, but this is with a twist… it’s made in a pan, not the oven! Plus, it’s quick and easy to make.
- 125 ml Luke-warm Water
- 300 g Self Raising Flour
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 50 ml Milk
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Pour the luke warm water into a large bowl, then add the yeast and sugar. Give it a quick stir to start to combine the ingredients,cover and leave for 5 minutes to activate/froth.
- Next, add to the bowl the flour, salt, milk and olive oil, mix until it forms a dough. Then knead the dough for around 10-15 minutes.
- Coat with a little oil, cover the bowl and leave the dough to prove/rise for 1 hour.
- Gently punch the centre of the dough to release the air.
- Lightly brush a frying pan with oil, place the dough in the pan and stretch it out a bit, to the shape of the pan. Then cover with a lid and leave to prove/rise for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, brush the top of the dough with a little milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds, then replace the lid.
- Cook on your stove on a very low heat for 10 minutes, until it browns on the bottom (careful, too high a heat and it will burn). Then, flip the dough over, cover and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once done, remove from pan and cool slightly before serving.
Tip: If you want to add some more flavour you could always use some chopped fresh rosemary, instead of the sesame seeds, on top. Alternatively you could add some chopped sun-dried tomatoes to the dough.