I have always been a big fan of lemon cake and this is my very first vegan attempt – with tangerine as an added twist!
These is a zesty little vegan cakes are a great accompaniment to your afternoon tea or coffee.
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
- 80 g Caster Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 100 ml Almond Milk
- 60 g Coconut Oil
- 60 g Apple Sauce
- 50 ml Water
- 2 tsp Valencian Orange Extract
- 2 Tangerine (thinly sliced)
- icing sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix together the milk, coconut oil, apple sauce,water and orange extract.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients into the dry, whilst whiskinguntil you have smooth batter.
- Brush 6 small fluted cake pans with some coconut oil and then givethem a light dusting of flour. This will help the cakes release fromthe pans easier at the end.
- Fill each fluted pan to around halfway with the batter and put aslice of tangerine on top of each.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the pans and leave to cool.
- Once cool, you can serve with a light dusting of icing sugar.